Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Sheng Siong supermart overcharged by mistake?

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Sheng Siong supermart overcharged by mistake?

 




We bought 2 bundles of spinach (1 red & 1 round) from Sheng Siong supermarket this morning but was charged for 3 bundles (2 red & 1 round). We didn't realised it until we got home when we, out of curiosity, checked the receipt. Could this overcharging a mistake on the part of the cashier? Could this "mistake" be made frequently without the customers knowing it? We seldom check the receipt against what we bought as we trust the supermarket. We could have disputed the matter but the supermaket is a distance away and it's not worth our time and effort to travel all the way to rectify the issue. I blog the matter so as to bring awareness to all.

3 comments:

candy said...

Yes, I think they expected you to buy 2 red spinach, so in that case, they should have bundled 2 packets of red spinach together. I buy things from Cold Storage and they also made mistakes 3 days in a row but on 2 occasions I spotted it as I didn't buy many items. On another occasion, I was charged extra as the type of mango keyed in was not the one I bought. But they don't let us see the items being charged before we pay. I didn't wanna waste time to get the refund so I left. But for Sheng Shiong, there is a big screen at each cashier, so you can look at it while they scan every item before making payment.

Anonymous said...

Wonder how much they make a year from such action?

BookLover said...

Giant in Parkway Parade used to do this before they close. I used to buy a lot of groceries from there until I discover a few times my items were charged in the receipts but missing when I reached home. So I stopped frequenting that store. It is difficult to check when you buy lots of items. You only realised they are not there when you unpack. The problem is many Singaporeans have maids and the groceries are unpacked by them and therefore this kind of issues are not detected. It just happened I have some specific items I need for cooking and found them missing. Then I checked the receipts and confirmed the items were scanned and charged!!