Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Fishing in Japan

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Fishing in Japan

 


                                     
In 1980, I caught a garoupa off the Bedok coast (top picture)



Few weeks ago, I caught another garoupa of almost the same size as the one in 1980. This time it was off the coast of Shimonoseki, Southern Japan in the year 2021 (41 years later).
Fishing has always been my hobby but since the 1980s, I have not done any fishing as the water off Singapore do not have many fishes anymore. The sea is polluted and over fishing is also the reason for not having many fishes. But oh boy I am sure glad that I can fish in Japan. Besides, we are lucky to have neighbors who are also fishing enthusiasts. We (my wife & I) have been on fishing trips with our neighbors on 3 occasions. 

2 comments:

Anon said...

Bob Tong

You look younger than your 80s photo.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Anon,many thanks! Got to buy you a drink :)