Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: My breakfast and ex-crew in bad financial shape

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My breakfast and ex-crew in bad financial shape



I had this for breakfast since I am not keen on outside food. On a separate note, I met an ex-senior crew on the street. It was supposed to be a pleasant surprise because we have not seen each other for quite a long time. In fact, it turned out to be a meeting which caused discomfort for me. He wanted to borrow $5,000 from me citing business losses. I know this guy is a gambler and must be in a bad financial state. He showed me his old Rolex watch and said I could have it as a collateral until he paid me his loan.
I dislike to be in this type of situation. I know for a fact if I lend him the money I would not get it back. The watch that he showed me was a old (about 30 years) boy sized Rolex which at most cost $1,500 if he was to pawn it. I turned him down and suddenly he got mad at me. He told me he was very disappointed with me because he heard that I am doing well in my business and yet won't give him a "small" loan. As a gesture of past friendship, I handed him $200 as a gift for the coming Lunar New Year. Guess what he told me? "You are prospering and only $200 as a gift?".
At that point, I almost asked him to return me the money as I felt this guy is not a grateful person. I made some excuses and left him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so generous and yet he treat you this way. He should know that you are a retiree and every cent counts. He get angry with you just because you dont wanna lend him money? Unfriend him la!