Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: 24 October 2015 Saturday

Saturday, October 24, 2015

24 October 2015 Saturday


Today's posts:

Nassim Jade Condo
Weather: Malaysian suing over haze for US$100 million
My electricity bill doubled in September
Breakfast
My Saturday Dinner


Weather: 
Hazy (207 at 7 am), thundery showers over northern,eastern and western areas in the late afternoon. Temperature ranges from 26C to 33C.

My electricity bill for September has doubled to $180 due to haze (mainly long hours of air conditioning usage)

A Malaysian businessman is suing the Indonesian government over the haze issue for US$100 million.
Read more


Breakfast:
Due to the horrible haze, we could not venture out to eat and so we cooked the Penang prawn noodles for breakfast. We had ginger tea instead of the usual cup of kopi O.




My Saturday Dinner


Due to the horrendous haze which is giving me teary eyes, I have decided to eat at home. The dinner wasn't that fantastic as my wife prepared it for me. It was a typical Japanese dish with miso soup and Japanese rice. Nevertheless, I was grateful to her for cooking for me or else I will have to brave the haze and eat at the shopping mall or worse at the hawker stalls.


Nassim Jade Condominium saga



I don't know whether you remember the Nassim Jade saga which made news in Singapore back in 1995 when the developer of this condo gave huge discounts to the former PM of Singapore, his family and relatives.
Yesterday I happened to drive along Nassim Road and spotted this condo. Then, I remembered the news it made back then. I snapped a photo of this condo from my vehicle.
Continue reading here

No comments: