Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Crows destroying my crop

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Crows destroying my crop



There are many crows in Japan and they can be a nuisance to the farmers and gardeners. They like to eat the fruits and some vegetables that we grow.
One of my tomatoes were half eaten by a crow. Then, another fruit from my neighbour's garden was half-bitten and dropped into my garden.
Finally, I decided to use plastic flags to frighten them away and it works. At least for now, there no more visitation from the crows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you can try using nets to cover. Think can get at plant nursery shops. It's to deter birds to eat the fruits and yet allow sunlight and air and water to go thru no problem.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Thanks for the info :)