Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Lunch was steak and pork/ Zika and dengue cases growing by the day.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Lunch was steak and pork/ Zika and dengue cases growing by the day.

Been busy these last 2 days. Today, I went to meet my friends from Europe. They are spending a couple of days here. Besides me, they also have other friends in Singapore and who will entertain them.

My wife and I had our lunch at Block 427, Sengkang heartland. The food was western and for the prices we can't complain.



My wife had the rib eyed steak ($15) and I the pork chop ($8.50). The eatery is in a newly opened coffee shop. Next to the place was the Sheng Shiong supermarket. The place was quite empty and so it was nice eating over there.

I heard on the radio that Zika has infected 275 people in Singapore as of noon yesterday. Dengue has infected 30,000 people to date. So far 7 people have died of Dengue fever this year.

As for the haze, we are luckier this year as it came and went off only for a few days in August. But then we will never know because once the wind direction changes, we may have the haze upon us.


No comments: