Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: What a sad day !

Monday, June 20, 2016

What a sad day !

We had lunch at a coffee shop near his place. Alex is having advance prostate cancer and was a former chief steward with Singapore Airline. He was given less than 2 years to live by his oncologists. The last time we met was in March this year. Although he is in the advance stage of cancer, one would not be able to tell it because he looked fine and has not lost weight since the last time I saw him.
Since he loves drinking beer, I offered to buy him a bottle but he declined as it was "still too early" according to him. The last time we met, I bought him 2 bottles of Tiger Beer.
We chatted for 2 hours before I decided to make a move. We agreed to meet again soon....God willing.
When I reached home, I had a WhatsApp message telling me that IFS Kok who had a stroke 5 days ago has just passed away. Kok, like Alex was also a colleague of mine. I felt so sad on hearing the news. Perhaps, tomorrow Straits Times' obituary column will have his "passing"mentioned.
Kok was a nice man and we missed him.

No comments: