Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Karaoke-ing

Monday, May 30, 2016

Karaoke-ing

Some of my friends go karaoke-ing on Friday evening. One of them is a member of a country club which has karaoke facilities. I joined them once. Although I enjoy karaoke singing but their schedule does not suit me well. First, I can't sleep well after the session as it ends at around 12am and by the time I arrived home it would be about 1 am. I prefer to sleep early and so I suggested having the karaoke on weekdays during the afternoon. However, my suggestion was shot down. The reason was that some of the kakis are working and so could only have the sessions on Friday nights. Weekends are out because they want to spend time with their families.
I may form a group that may want to karaoke with me on weekdays afternoon. Besides, the country club's session is quite expensive. We each has to pay about $50 for the rental, food and drinks.
The one I am thinking of is inexpensive. A group of say 4 to 6 people could rent a place ranging from $18 to $20 for a 3 hour afternoon session. There is no alcoholic drinks on sale but a soft drink cost only $1.
After the singing we could adjourned for our dinner nearby. The total expenses won't be more than $20 each person.
I will now seek the views of my other friends who may be interested.

No comments: