Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: It's a nice feeling when you make $$$

Thursday, March 17, 2016

It's a nice feeling when you make $$$



I am happy these few days because I made some money trading online. I sometimes do play contra which means that I do not have to cough any money when I buy shares until 4 days later. However, if I sell within 4 days I can offset the amount eg: the above picture shows that 50,000 Noble shares were bought by me at 0.415cts per share. Including all the brokerage fees, tax etc the amount is $20,821.05. The picture on your left shows that I sold all the 50,000 shares at 0.435. The amount after brokerage fee etc is $21,675.54. If you take the latter and minus the former, the amount is $854.49 (not shown here) which is my profit for this transaction.
I also made some on Golden Agri which I paid 0.41cts for each share and sold them at 0.42cts today (profit is about $720 based on 100,000 shares).
Again, today I am up on Noble which I bought at 0.415cts yesterday and sold all at 0.43cts today (based on 50,000 shares I am up $680).
So within these last few days I made  $854+$720+$680 = $2,254.

Conversely, when the share prices are down you would have to pay the differences (losses). However, if you can afford it, you may pay up for the shares and keep them.

For tips on which shares to buy and make a profit you may want to read them here and here

The best thing is the profits derived from share trading are tax-free. Mind you even bloggers (not me cos I am a small timer) who are invited to taste food at restaurants, accept gifts like lipsticks, moisturisers etc are taxable according to the tax man.

BT: Trade with due diligence.

6 comments:

Li said...

Congratulation Uncle Boh Tong. You are one lucky man! I plan to sell next week if it reach $0.53.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

I have faith that Noble will reach 53 cts but not sure about next week.

Li said...

True, not sure when refinancing will get through.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Maybe in 10 days time.

Li said...

Most probably I cash out next week. Now at least have some profit if I cash out. Will not hold on for long as US will increase interest rate. I plan to buy some good reits when their share price drop when US increase interest rate for dividend income. At least better than current bank interest rate.

BookLover said...

You are amazing day trader! I tried Warren Buffett's methods and it is not good as I did not sell at the right time. Happy that stock market is going up:) :)